Monday, March 10, 2014

Onions and Open Your Mouth



Hello Pamilya!
 So this last week, we had a CSP at a member's portion of an onion field. We got to help harvest (or better description would be preparing for sale in the market) the onions. Can I just say that it is so nice not to have to watch them cook in a microwave? I got a little burned, but the
members are saying that I look brown now...me? look brown? hmm...not quite sure about that one, but we'll see.
(a caribou and calf)

Really cool thing happened this week, we now have 6 new investigators! In one week, 6! That is huge in any mission, only two of them made it to sacrament meeting yesterday, but all the investigators total at sacrament meeting was 17, also a huge number in missionary work. The majority of those were because, at one point or another, someone OYM-ed them. I testify of the power of opening your mouth, even though I am terrible at times when it comes to opening my mouth, to invite someone. A person may not accept your invitation right away, but when you do, the Lord provides someone who will when you do get turned down. I can also testify of the power of family home evening. We invited one of our investigators, her son, and one of our new investigators this past week to the FHE of a member that we had been invited to. We also invited a couple of members who were around the ages of the son and new investigator. Guess who came to church on Sunday? And are excited to start holding a family home evening of their own? Yup.
Three of the Rodillas sisters are getting baptized this week. Donita and the twins, Dyren and Dairialyn. I'm so excited for them! They are so awesome and so sweet. I'll send pictures this coming week.
The Lord loves each one of us. Prayer, the covenants that we have made, and the Atonement of Jesus Christ empowers us to do all things. Just remember to have faith and be patient in all things. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!
Mahal ko kayo
Sister Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment