Monday, March 17, 2014

Baptisms and Alarms



Hello Pamillya,
This was a pretty good week. We had a Zone Conference on Wednesday. I received some letters while I was there, one Dear Elder, one from my back-door neighbor, and one from the Youth Conference (I think...it has something to do with the young women and a large group of them getting together). Anyway, I laughed when I read the letter from Brooklyn...it was so her. Thank you to those who wrote, I love getting emails, but it's not quite like having a tangible piece of evidence that people exist, and I don't have to wait until monday to read them again.
Sister Montemayor and I went to the chapel Saturday to fill the font for the baptism that day...and someone neglected to tell us that the church had an alarm....yeah, interesting thirty seconds of a blaring alarm and then a phone call to the zone leaders to get the code to turn the awkward thing off...it doesn't help that the chapel is downtown where everyone can here it going off. We then had to half hand drain the font since no one emptied it from the last baptism....kind of gross, but then again I can at least brag that I hand-drained a font for someone (for those who brag they hand-filled a font). Then the water wouldn't turn on...anywhere on church property...another call to the ZLs and then three minutes later we had the water going.
The Rodillas sisters got baptized this past Saturday! I'm so happy for them.

This past week, we started teaching a part member whose grandparents (she lives with them since her mom works abroad in Singapore) haven't been to church since thier 35 year old son died, church reminded them too much of him. I am so grateful for the plan of Salvation that Heavenly Father has prepared for us. 
It brings so much peace to us to know exactly where we go after this life and how we can get there. I am eternally grateful for the blessings that comes from the temple, (even though I know that I may not be able to participate in those blessings while I'm here in the field) I know that families can be together forever, I know that we can be reunited with those that we love who have passed on from this life, I know that our Father loves us so much.
Mahal ko Kayo
Sister Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment