Monday, March 3, 2014

Ask and ye shall receive



Don't have much time to write this week.
We had transfers this week. I'm still in Camiling and will most likely still be here until May unless I start training next transfer...Oh goodness, that's a weird thought...I'm still a baby in the field...anyway, that would mean I'd most likely be here until June.
I have such a strong testimony of the power of prayer, when we have faith and ask God with that faith, He will give that to us. Not always the way we expect, but he does give what we need to us, EXACTLY what we need and WHEN we need it most. I also know of the power of fasting, especially when a group of people fast for a specific purpose. Our Zone held a specific fast last week for those who are getting baptized in March, that same day, as we were teaching some of our investigators who are not yet 18, but have a baptism date, we were devastated to learn that their mom no longer gave her permission for her children to be baptized. We still could teach them, but they would not be baptized...we were all upset about this news, but Sister Montemayor and I talked about faith, enduring to the end and assuring them that God was mindful of them and their desire to be baptized. The next day, after we ended our fast, we recieved a text from them, they had permission again. Needless to say, I got down on my knees as quickly as I could and offered a prayer of gratitude to our Heavenly Father for this miracle.
Always continually convert yourself to the Lord, keep your covenants. I would not be able to continue in this work without either of them.
Mahal ko Kayo.
Sister Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment