Thursday, May 29, 2014

(to the tune of Ye Elders of Israel) O Camiling, O Camiling, I bid thee farewell. I'm going now to Guimba to spread God's word (and avoid head lice..)



May 26, 2014
 
Hello Pamilya
So, as you can see with the heading. I got transfered...to the other side of the mission...I'm now in Guimba! Sister Foukimoana is now training, no, I do not know the name of her anak (trainee, we call them anak), in Camiling...we were both a little bummed that we wouldn't be able to have another transfer together, but I'm excited for her, she'll do well with her new calling.
My new companion is Sister Batican, Filipino, from the Cebu mission. So, I have a little bit of a headache again as I'm trying to get used to hearing more Tagalog than English again...that and her dialect is Bisayas, double headache, but it's good. She just finished her training and is very confident with what she does and has a good sense of humor.
The area I'm in right now is a little more bukid (rural) than Camiling and we ride a lot more trikes to get around and now have to adjust to reserving 400 pesos/week for transportation instead of 400/month and the fact that I might gain weight again. Transfer day was a little interesting since Sister Foukimoana and I had to be at the mission office with all of my stuff a whole hour before everyone else headed over since she's training and had a meeting to attend for that before even meeting her new companion. So, lots of waiting, but while I was there, I got to see Sister Laiti, one of the missionaries from my MTC district (she's training too)! She was the one who told me that I lost weight and thought that I hadn't been eating...I guess walking for 6 or more hours a day does a lot...anyway. After waiting for a while, I got on a bus with everyone else transfering to the other side of the mission and went to the meeting point in Cabanatuan where I got to see Sister Dalley! I think transfer day was a big reunion day for me, I got to see almost everyone that I haven't seen since the MTC. Anyway, met my new companion, got to our apartment with the other two Sisters that we share it with (kabahay, yay!), went out to work, and I'm now trying to learn all the names and figure out where all the homes are in time for our exchanges next week...Fun! Then a couple days later, Sister Connell asked her companion what this weird bug was that she found in her hair...so now we have to be careful of head lice...those things are HUGE! Everything's more fun in the Philippines, haha.
Mahal ko kayo
Sister Jones 

No comments:

Post a Comment