Thursday, May 29, 2014

Courage and Kindness

May 19, 2014



 Hello Pamilya!
Transfer announcement is coming up this Wednesday, so we'll see if Sister Foukimoana will still be companions for another transfer. For me, it's more of a flip of a coin to see if I'm going or staying in this area this coming transfer...I don't want to leave, but we'll see what the Lord wants me to do.
This last week was pretty cool. On Tuesday, we were able to go on splits! (We don't really have anyone in our branch who's old enough or has time to do that ever) They were some sisters from the Elder's branch and we got 18 lessons in for the day, including some new investigators that we probably wouldn't have been able to find if we didn't split that day! Now we just need to figure out where to fit them into our already busy schedual, but it is so cool and I believe that we're going on splits again tomorrow with them again.
The next day, Sister Foukimoana got sick again so I worked with a different member in the other part of our area that we only visit twice a week since it's so far away. That evening, we had been teaching at the home that usually likes to feed us before we head home when one of the girls, Anahi (I hope that's how her name's spelled), asked if I could help her learn to direct a couple of hymns that she was going to be directing for the youth activity that Friday. So, I did that for about 15 minutes after we taught the lesson. It was great, I got to teach and get to enjoy a conversation with a 12 year old, to a point, but it wasn't a three year old this time :) (advancement to almost pre-teen vocab).
There is something that I have to say about inviting friends. When we had our splits, I was working with a member and while we were out, we ran into one of her friends and, after talking to her for a couple of seconds, she asked her friend if she would listen to a message...Would I have done that if I were going on splits with the missionaries back at home? No, but I admire the courage and love of this sister who will soon be going into the MTC next month to start her mission and it is something that I would encourage each of you to do because now, we have a new investigator with a baptism date who wants to know because a friend was kind enough to invite her to listen. 
Mahal ko kayo
Sister Jones  

No comments:

Post a Comment