Monday, April 7, 2014

The Lord's promises are sure



Hello Pamilya!
So, this week was long and weird. Since my trainer is leaving next week for her new area, most of our lessons have involved asking for "book of remembrance" pages and a little bit of crying on the investigator/LA/RC's and Sister Montemayor's part while I just sit there thinking "I'm most likely going to be doing this on Thursday..."
Anyway, we had STL exchanges last Tuesday so I got to work with Sister Jipus again. We worked in my area this time and it went really well. It was rather funny explaining that Sister Montemayor hadn't been transfered yet (the members knew she was leaving the this week) and watching some faces as Sister Jipus and I were walking by. Mostly it was, "Oh, it's the Sist- That's NOT Sister Montemayor, ano?" We worked hard and went to our apartment that evening and Sister Jipus just said, after she saw we had candles, "Let's eat in the dark!" She is so random and has a slight fear of cockroaches (muwahaha, practical joke success), I love her. So we did and I was able to test a recycling idea I had when I realized that we had a lot of
Gatorade bottles lying around.
I just found out that I can have a somewhat decent conversation with a three year old on Wednesday...I was trying to OYM his mom then asked him what his name was...Anyway, I feel pretty cool. My language has progressed to the point where people now stare at me because their minds are trying to wrap around the fact that a REALLY white girl can speak their language to a degree and understand what they're saying. The Lord's promises are sure, they just take time, and I still have a long way to go.
I loved General Women's Conference, I get to watch General Conference this week so don't give away anything from that. There was actually a couple of scenes during the "I am a Child of God" video that was from the Philippines: jeepneys, one of the primary groups and one of the groups of relief society sisters. One of our investigators, Christine, watched with us and I was so grateful that she had that opportunity to feel the Spirit from those wonderful speakers and the message they presented.  
I know that we have living prophets and apostles today. I know that what they say is from God and is for our benefit and betterment. I'd encourage everyone to devour their messages and apply it to your lives because their teachings help us become more Christ-like and more fit for our Father's kingdom.
Mahal ko kayo
Sister Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment