Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April 28, 2014 Launguage fun



Hello Pamilya
So, we had Zone Interviews this week. They were really good. Sister Foukimoana and I really like to sing so we asked our Zone leaders if we could give the musical number for that meeting. Both of us forgot that our beloved Mission President's wife, Sister Martino, brings her iPad with her to meetings like that so she can take pictures of the missionaries and post them on facebook for all their parents to see how well they're doing....so, she recorded us and put it on the page...(what are you going to do mom when they get released in June?). I loved doing that. When it was my turn to talk to President
Martino, he commented on how beautiful our song was and that he hoped that we were using our talent. I love talking to him and his wife. I'm going to miss them when they get released here in a couple of months. 
So, we were able to see Anne this week. She's doing good and we're going to try again for her baptism on May 17. We had a really cool experience with her and Christine yesterday. Since they both had nothing to do after church, we were able to teach them. As we were teaching, I accidentally said something really funny and the next thing I knew, we were all laughing...just because I said something really weird in Tagalog. It's important for all missionaries to gain the respect and friendship of their investigators, not to mention that's what we genuinely want to do in the first place, and as we were walking them to the market (so Christine wouldn't be walking alone in the dark to get a trike), Sister Foukimoana and I started talking and laughing with them...mainly about some things that I've attempted to say in Tagalog, but it's ok, we all make mistakes and I'm getting better as I go along. 
I know that when we do all that we can, the Lord makes up the rest. It's still hard for me to speak and understand the language, but since I'm doing the best that I know how He is blessing me and the many lives around me. I love to see people "light up" when they hear the "pleasing word of God," whether it be some sort of sparkle that they have never shown before or if it is the rekindling of a fire that has remained dormant for a long time.
Mahal ko kayo
Sister Jones


Sister Jones and Sister Jepus

No comments:

Post a Comment