Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Day!



Maligayan Pasco everyone!
I know that it's not quite that time yet over there, but close enough. I only have about twenty more minutes, but I love you all very much and I would like for you all to remember the real reason why we celebrate Christmas. It's for the birth of the Savior which should eventually direct our thoughts to His great Atonement. We had an amazing devotional last night with the Philippines area president last night and he was talking about how we can become disciples of Christ and about the Enabling Power, or the power that makes us into what we can/need to be, of the Atonement. He was also talking about how we cannot become true disciples of Christ until we can fully submit our will to the Lord as He did to His Father while in the garden.
I cannot say enough how much the Lord has blessed me since I've come here: He put me with the best district in the MTC, who did an amazing job acting out the Nativity story in our district room; He put me with the best companion I could ever ask for; the most awesome and patient teachers, who love to laugh; and I can feel Him carrying me throughout the day, even when I'm tired or frustrated at myself, it's so amazing to feel His love for me evey passing moment during the day.
I want to share one thing that happened last night. I was feeling a little homesick, yes it happens, but not that often (too much to do to really think about it), and the Sisters in my district decided to have a short devotional with the Sisters in the room next to us. After it was done, we had a prayer, and in my heart, I wished that I was home where we hug each other after family prayer, and God heard the desire of my heart because right after the prayer, Sister Roisum asked "Anyone want a hug?" I probably looked like a freak with how quickly I moved for her, but to be honest, I needed that answer to my prayer.
Alam ko po na (I know that) God loves us all very much, He answers our prayers, He wants us to ask Him for help, to be grateful for what we have, and He is always watching out for us. Sa pangalan ni Jesucristo, amen.
Sister Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment