Monday, February 3, 2014

Making Progress With The Language!




Hello Pamilya.
Things are going well over here. It's really hot, especially the last couple of days, but we've taught so many people. I've actually been able to teach a couple principles, with broken Tagalog, in a lesson without someone looking to my companion for translation. Yay! I'm still a far way, REALLY far way, from being at a five year old's capability to speak and understand, but people have been saying that I'm improving and that when I talk, I sound Filipino. So, apparently, I have the accent down. On to grammar!
This weekend is Angela's baptism and I am so excited for her. I mentioned her in my first email when I got into the field. She was going to have her interview with the District leader before church started yesterday, so Sister Montemayor and I were waiting at the doors to support her as she was going to her interview, and she didn't show up... so, we went to the chapel to be with our other investigators when during the opening hymn, Angela came in. She had her interview after Sunday School and is good to go for her baptism. Nothing is scarier than having someone who is so ready to accept the gospel suddenly not show up for their baptisimal interview.
I'm sorry, I don't have much time today, but I really enjoy this work and am so grateful for my Savior and for the scriptures and the Spirit they bring while I'm reading them.

Sister Mikenna Jones  

No comments:

Post a Comment