Friday, January 3, 2014

First Day Proselyting



January 3, 2014
Hello Pamilya!
Things have been going pretty well here. New Years is crazy here! All the missionaries had been warned that the Filipinos love fireworks on Christmas and New Years, and we saw some of them on Christmas, pero...at midnight, the whole horizon outside our window was lit up with these huge fireworks for about 20 minutes. That's a very long time to try to go to sleep while it sounds like millions of people are clapping with an occasional "boom" here and there. Needless to say, all the missionaries were a little out of it on the first day of the year.
We went out proselyting yesterday! We acctually went outside of the MTC for three hours just to go proselyting in the Quezon City area with someone who has been in the field for a little while. I was paired up with Sister Crichton (cry-ton) and we taught two people. I thought I was going to freeze up during the lessons since the MTC missionaries were supposed to lead the discussion, but it was so cool to feel the Spirit and be able to open my mouth and say something that reached the investigators, even if I did speak mostly English (oops). It was such a good day! I think Sister Davis felt like she got an even bigger bonus when we got back and it turned out we were having tacos for dinner. If there is one thing in this world that a lot of the American missionaries miss in the MTC it would have to be Mexican food. I'm so glad to here that Uncle Jack finally retired! I'm sorry that I haven't been able to get to a lot of people personally, but I am reading your emails and it is very comforting to know what is going on in your lives
Sister Jones
 By the way, jeepneys are fun to ride, but it is a bad idea to be wearing a loose bun while riding in one.

Me and my kasama, Sister Davis

Sister Roisum and sister Laiti
Sister Dalley and Sister Vi (in purple shirt)

Elder Topou (on left) and Elder Seiuli

Elder Marsh (on left) and Elder Niuelua

No comments:

Post a Comment